Farmhouse style combines relaxed elegance with elements from the past. Farmhouse windows are trimmed in a variety of ways, from soft sheers to rustic burlap. The colors are primarily white and beige, with gray and plaid accents. Any of these farmhouse windows would look great in your home and will complement your carefully chosen design elements.
26 Rustic Farmhouse Window Treatment Ideas to Add a Touch of Vintage Elegance
Burlap is a popular fabric for the farmhouse window. Burlap has a rustic charm and also blocks quite a bit of light from entering the home. The appealing texture gives a nice contrast with the smooth sills and window glass. For extra atmosphere, choose a burlap fabric that is printed with a pretty saying or printed to look like a feed sack. One nice example is the French printed curtain that brings a sophisticated update to farmhouse style.
Some of these creative ideas get away from the fabric curtain and replace it with a sliding barn door. This brings a charming touch into any farmhouse designed home. It is also practical for privacy and blocking out light from outdoors. Another novel idea is making a corrugated metal awning indoors.
Try these farmhouse window treatment ideas in your own home and enjoy the old-fashioned, yet updated feeling they will bring.
1. Graceful White Sheers Hung High
2. Gently Gathered Fabric Window Shade
3. Make Your Own Drop Cloth Curtains
4. Burlap Valance Curtains with French Flair
5. Rustic White Window Shutters in the Kitchen
6. Classy Patterned Curtains in the Dining Room
7. Dove Gray Café Curtains and a Wreath
8. Easy Burlap Curtains with Side Hooks
9. Reclaimed Wood Valance with Lace Curtains
10. Sliding Barn Doors as Window Shutters
11. Farmhouse Window Treatment Idea with Drop Cloths
12. Understated Beige Curtains for a Sunny Room
13. Buffalo Plaid Shades for a Charming Look
14. Sheers Hung from Old Fashioned Hooks
15. Side Gathered Lacy Curtains with Clips
16. Ticking Stripe Roller Shades with Button Detail
18. Rustic Valances Made from Printed Sacks
19. Gray Striped Burlap Shade with Bow Ties
20. Cover a Window with a Sliding Door
21. Use an Awning Instead of Curtains
22. Hang a Window Instead of a Valance
23. Farmhouse Window Treatment Idea with Tassels
24. Fringed Valance Hung from Large Knobs
25. Cute Plaid Trimmed Café Curtains
26. Lettered Board in Place of a Valance