Mason jars lend an authentic feel to rustic DIY decor. Whether you’re decorating an apartment, setting up an Etsy backdrop, or showcasing your artisan crafts, you’ll find that these versatile jars aren’t just for food storage or organizing bulk grains and spices anymore. Creative crafters from around the world have conclusively proven that artistically implemented mason jar wall decor ideas can make any wall sparkle with imagination and color.
40+ Lovely Mason Jar Wall Decor Ideas to Make Any Home Sparkle
Invented in 1858 by John Landis Mason as a wholesome alternative to tin canning, Mason jars gained popularity in the 20th century due to their effective seals and attractive transparent designs. Most Mason jar wall decor ideas you see today are made possible by the Ball Corporation, which still manufactures their jars in the U.S.A. Nowadays used for much more than just food canning, with a little imagination and technical skill, Mason jars can become effective oil lanterns, reusable drink containers, or decor items.
Crystal-clear transparent glass, the nostalgic lilting Ball logo, and the revered status which Mason jars enjoy in today’s culture make them a top pick as display cases for seashells, flowers or collectibles. Here are 40+ mason jar wall decor ideas that showcase the true creative power of these iconic vintage canning jars.
1. Rustic Flower Vase Mason Jar Wall Decor
2. Mason Jar Flower Vase and Key Hook
3. Wooden Mounted Mason Jar Spice Garden
4. Gorgeous Painted Mason Jar Flower Decor
5. Quaint Mason Jar Window Frame Decor
6. Lovely Mason Jar Wall Decor With Key
7. Rustic Mason Jar Lantern Wall Decor
8. Vintage Mason Jar Pebble Wall Decor
9. Pallet Planter Earthy Mason Jar Wall Art
10. Upcycled Drawer Mason Jar Flower Wall Decor
11. Purple Flower Whitewashed Mason Jar Wall Decor
12. Mason Jar Six-Planter Earthy Wall Set
13. Hardwood Picture Frame Mason Jar Wall Decor
14. Vintage Atlas Mason Jar Flower Holder
15. Painted Planters Mason Jar Wall Decor
16. Flower Spray Weathered Mason Jar Wall Art
17. Weathered Wood Blue Mason Jar Flower Holder
18. Vintage Window Whitewashed Mason Jar Wall Decor
19. Creative Chandelier Mason Jar Wall Decor Ideas
20. DIY Mason Jar Spice Garden Wall Decor
21. Simple Flower Vase Mason Jar Wall Decor
22. Rustic Vertical Vase Mason Jar Wall Art
23. Rustic Weathered Wood Mason Jar Vase Idea
24. Eclectic Natural Mason Jar Hanging Vases
25. Wooden Base Metal Hanger for Mason Jar
Add some modern farmhouse into your home with this updated take on the traditional wall sconce duo. This set of mason jars are effortlessly hanging from rich black hooks that are secured to a warm wooden rectangular base. Not only are they sturdy, but they are also an amazing way to use your mason jars.
26. Black Scrolled Mason Jar Hanger
Check out this magnificent mason jar display that features a beautiful scroll design. Attached to the wooden board, this scroll pattern spreads across the midway point as it holds your hand-painted mason jar that’s filled with your favorite flowers.
27. Shabby Chic Shiplap and White Mason Jar
Infuse your home with the rich simplicity of the modern farmhouse trend without adding an entire wall of shiplap. This mason jar holder is positioned on a shiplap backing that adds the farmhouse feel without going overboard. With the white of the shiplap copied in the mason jar, this wall art will feel right at home in your farmhouse.
28. Trio of Decorative Mason Jar Wall Vases
Make a statement with this trio of mason jar wall vases. Filled with greenery and a creamy white peony, each painted mason jar becomes a gorgeous new vase. Adhered to this distressed board, this jar family creates a gorgeous piece of wall art that makes a great gift for any interior design lover.
29. Shiplap, Twine, and Mason Jar Vase Set
This is about as simple as it comes in terms of basic flower displaying. With a small shiplap foundation, this classic mason jar hangs from a traditional twine rope for a country and farmhouse appeal. Add this to your kitchen and fill it with your favorite garden trimmings each week.
30. Mason Jar Metal and Wood Wall Art
Check out the muted jewel-toned turquoise in this painted mason jar. It adds a unique pop of color to your space as it is set off of a wooden board. The board showcases lots of character in its lines and grains to give richness to your unique piece of wall art.
31. Barnwood and Mason Jar Wall Sconce Set
Constructed in wood reminiscent of your grandfather’s barn, this set of wall sconces is a no-fuss option for adding some masculine femininity to your home. The rustic wood along with the classic mason jar creates a manly touch that’s topped off with the beauty of some feminine florals.
32. Rustic Squares and Leather Holders for Jars
Using a leather strap to keep them in place, these mason jar holders are small in size but large in appeal. The backboard is a small square crafted from a rustic piece of wood that further adds to its natural and rustic charm. They work on both a white shiplap wall or in a regular cabin.
33. Classic White Bouquet Filled Mason Jar Art
Keep it simple and elegant with this rose bouquet that calls this lit-up mason jar home. Dangling from a dainty Victorian-style door handle backboard, this mason jar design is finished off with some white rope around the rim. This would be a pretty aisle decoration for a lovely wedding.
34. Contrasting Dark Wood with White Mason Jars
Classic and creamy, these mason jars really pop as they are set upon a rich and deep dark brown wood base. Tied with thick twine ribbons, the set of mason jars holds your favorite flowers in a unique wall sconce way.
35. Slanted Mason Jar Trio Wall Art
Featuring a distressed white background, this trio of slanted mason jars makes a fun touch to your home. With small chalkboard signs, you can decorate each one. Spruce them up with some green sprigs to welcome the new season.
36. Buffalo Plaid Ribbon and Black Mason Jar
What’s not to love about this use of buffalo plaid ribbon finishing off these dark black mason jars? Hanging from a metal hook, these jars are a perfect way to add some greenery to your home without sacrificing style.
37. Painted Mason Jar Vase on Board
Make a bold look with your mason jar by simply giving it a fresh coat of paint! This turquoise beauty is just the splash of color your home needs. Attached to a blonde wooden specimen, this decorative piece would look great in any room of your home.
38. Wrought Iron Hook and Mason Jar Trio
Hand-painted mason jars in a variety of colors create a custom look for your latest wall art endeavor. The trio works together as they are bursting at the top with warm neutral and peachy peonies. Above, the wrought iron hook keeps them safe while adding a lot of character and charm to your design.
39. Tied with a Bow Jar Wall Vase
Take a cute plaid bow to tie off your favorite mason jar in creating this new piece of wall art. Decorate your space with the farmhouse favorite vase that’s secured to a sturdy wooden back. Stuff it with your favorite flowers for just the right pop of color in your home.
40. Wooden Cross Panel Board with Mason Jar
The detail of this wooden board brings back memories of Grandma’s kitchen door. With a cross detail inset in addition to the gorgeous grains, this wooden board creates a bold base for your mason jar vase. Painting the glass further adds interest, providing a nice contrast between the two pieces.
41. Black Accented Mason Jar Wall Hanger
Fastened upon a plain whiteboard, this mason jar features a painted black lid that coordinates with the black metal hook upon which it hangs. Fill it with some pieces of moss to hold your favorite arrangement of flowers precisely in place.
42. Rustic Country Charm Bow with Mason Jar
Check out all of the rustic charm infused into this country decoration. Your home will enjoy the warmth from the small plaid bow atop of the dark wooden backing. Twine wrapping is carried throughout the piece while the painted mason jar rests front and center.
43. Neutral Distressed White Farmhouse Mason Jar Decor
Keeping the color palette in check, this neutral design incorporates a feeling of shabby chic and modern farmhouse decor with its mixture of textural elements. The softness of the natural cotton is balanced with the smooth glass of the jar and the rigidness of the wooden base.
44. Distressed Brown Mason Jar Wall Hanger
If you prefer more richness in color than classic white, this distressed brown creation is right up your alley! The distressed finish on the wood board adds character, while the mocha-painted jar infuses light and airy spin on this brown-themed arrangement.
45. Traditional Shiplap and Metal Hook Jar Hanger
Add a touch of modern farmhouse to the room with this shiplap and metal mason jar holder. The black metal hook is a great contrast to the white shiplap base and really lets your mason jar stand out as the focal point of this decoration.
46. Old Picket Fence Painted Jar Holder
This rustic creation features a wooden foundation that shows one way to repurpose an old picket fence. It provides lots of character and texture to the overall look and feel of this glass jar holder. A buttery yellow glass jar brings in a little color without overpowering the design.
47. Old Fashioned Mason Jar and Wood Decor
Leave the light on for your family with this old-fashioned barn wood creation that holds your clear mason jar that’s filled with a bright light. Guide them down the hall or up the stairs in your home with this decorative piece that also has a purpose.
Choose Rustic Wall Decor Ideas to Make Your Home Warm and Inviting