Before you throw out that old, rugged dresser that’s been with you longer than your husband has, consider its potential. There are many recycled old drawer ideas that can turn even the ugliest of dresser drawers into cute accent pieces for your home. You just have to have vision!
27 Creative Recycled Old Drawer Ideas for One-of-a-Kind Living Spaces
There are three basic things to consider when re-purposing your old drawers:
Can their flaws be covered? Think about paint, wallpaper, vinyl stickers and washi tape. Think about sanding them or cutting away their unusable wood. You might also have to remove or recycle things like hinges and knobs, so keep these things in mind when gathering your tools.
Are they structurally sound? You can still use them if the answer is no, but you might need to turn them into, say, decorative wall hangings instead of load-bearing coffee tables. Safety first!
What can you make out of them? The sky is the limit here. Whether it’s shelves for the bathroom or mini-gardens for the patio, you can create just about anything with old drawers when you free your imagination.
Recycled old drawer ideas can run the gamut from simple afternoon crafts to extensive DIY projects, so it’s up to you to decide how much time and effort that you’re willing to invest in them. The following ideas are just a few ways to get creative with your dressers, but there are many more, and they come in endless cuts, colors, shapes, layers and patterns. Have fun!
1. Snow-White Wall Shelf
2. A Resting Place for Toys
3. Easy Patio Organization
4. Mini Garden in a Recycled Drawer
5. All That Glitters
6. Matching Shelves With Many Uses
7. The Start of Your Home Library
8. Kitschy Coffee Table for Two
9. Away from Prying Eyes
10. A Cute and Charming Bird Feeder
11. Put Your Feet Up
12. Recycled Old Drawer Ideas for the Bathroom
13. Dreams of Silver and Sporks
14. A Different Kind of Scheduling
15. Tray for Drinks and Glasses from Recycled Drawer
16. Chalkboard Makeover for All Ages
17. Rustic Charm with Old Wooden Drawers
18. Never Run Out of Toilet Paper Again
19. Like a Doctor’s Waiting Room
20. Step Up for a Garden View
21. A Well-Decorated Living Room
22. Cabinetry Wizardry
23. A Little Piece of Culture
25. Standing Tall In Your Home
26. A Splash of Color Against Monochrome
27. Polka Dot Delight