You don’t need to live in a cabin in the woods to capture the homely, private feel of a rustic country kitchen. The right design cues can bring that feeling of intimate folksiness into the heart of the city and wrap your modern cooking space up in the glow of country style.
Natural materials, weathered accents, and eclectic choices in finishes and decorations are the order of the day when you’re cultivating rustic country kitchen design ideas. Don’t be afraid to go bold! Choose a dramatic element and make it the centerpiece of your unique kitchen. Creating a rustic kitchen is all about expressing your personality.
23 Rustic Country Kitchen Decor Ideas to Make Your Cooking Space Unique
Opting to use rustic design cues in your kitchen often means embracing unconventional surfaces. Make sure you check exotic materials (from weathered wood cabinets to copper countertops) for durability and food safety. Remember that a great country kitchen is comfortable and useful as well as beautiful!
As you’ll see in the examples below, going rustic doesn’t necessarily mean you have to sacrifice the beauty and utility of premium materials. Top-quality counters, cabinets, and appliances can blend seamlessly into a rustic design scheme, adding cutting-edge convenience to your timeless aesthetic sense.
1. All White is All Right with Rustic Natural Accents
2. Show Off the Strength of Rich Woodwork
3. Weathered Wood Sets Off Classic Clapboard
4. Hefty Shelving Accentuates the Strength of Classic Cabinetry
5. Smart Detailing and Beautiful Plants Combine with Premium Fittings
6. Gingham Curtains Complete this All-American Country Kitchen
7. A Chalkboard Makes a Unique Addition to a Cabin-Style Rustic Kitchen
8. Smart Design Blends Multiple Materials
9. Wood Counters Add Warmth to a Clean White Kitchen
10. Great Colors Make an Ordinary Kitchen Extraordinary
11. Tin Ceiling + Heavy Wood = Unique Atmosphere
12. Weathered Wood Maximizes the Airy Space of a High-Ceilinged Rustic Country Kitchen Design