Garden balls are a fun and pretty way to provide color, texture, and interest to your flower beds. The beauty of a DIY garden ball is that it can reflect your style and personality.
23 Absolutely Adorable DIY Garden Ball Ideas to Complement Your Flowers
The simplest design is to glue glass gems or pennies onto an existing ball. You can find glass gems at the dollar store, so this is an inexpensive and fun project to try anytime. Hand painting designs onto a ball is great if you have some artistic ability. One of the most fun painted projects we found is the set of a whole watermelon and a half watermelon.
Some of these projects require the use of mortar to affix the decorations onto the ball. Pretty examples include seashells and mixed glass and metal found objects. This is a neat way to display a collection that has been gathering dust in your home. If you really want your garden ball to stand out, try illuminating the inside so it can be enjoyed at night as well as during the day.
We found the 23 prettiest DIY garden ball ideas to enliven your outdoor space. Many of them can be finished in one day. Try your hand at making one of these projects today.
1. Use Glass Lampshades and Gems
2. Mixed Glass, Ceramics, and Decorations
3. Cover a Metal Ball with Pennies
4. Amazing Chrome Finished Garden Balls
5. Lovely Scallop Shell Covered Balls
6. DIY Garden Ball Idea with Concrete
7. Ball Scattered with Lovely Butterflies
8. Glass Gem and Butterfly Garden Balls
9. A Set of Sliced and Whole Watermelon
10. Glittery Gold and Green Glass Globe
11. Concentric Circles in Purple and Pink
12. Cover a Ball and Birdhouse in Pebbles
13. A Mix of Gems and Found Objects
14. Hand Painted Leaves, Flowers, and Butterflies
15. Gently Illuminated from the Inside
16. A Seashell Fantasy with Pearls
18. Cute Ladybugs with Spring Antennas
19. Swirling Design with Glass Gems
20. Floral DIY Garden Ball Idea
21. You Can Make This Adorable Caterpillar
23. White Globe with Hand Painted Flowers