Summer is just around the corner, and if you are anything like me, one of your favorite things to do on a warm summer day is go to the beach. The soft white sand, the turquoise waters, and the seashells that you find along the coastline are all a part of a visit to the beach.
35+ Creative DIY Shell Project Ideas that are Easy to Create
Unfortunately, not everyone lives near the shore, so if you want to make your home feel like a cottage by the beach, you can take some of the seashells that you collected during your beach vacation and create some amazing DIY shell projects that your guests will envy.
You can make a picture frame out of seashells, make shells into a planter for your succulents this summer, or create a wind chime out of them if you like. The DIY shell project ideas that you can make are virtually endless.
This guide is designed to help you come up with ideas that you can use to create new décor in your home using the seashells that you acquire at the beach. Choose one or more of the ideas that I have put on this list and make it part of your beach inspired décor in your home.
1. Oyster Shell Decorative Catch-All Dish Trays
Who doesn’t need a small dish to catch all of those tiny items at the end of the day? Your dresser or nightstand isn’t complete without one of these hubs. Make it decorative and delightful with an oyster shell. Loose change, buttons, and jewelry items will be easy to find as you use these iridescent eye-catchers for your go-to place of stashing all of your tiny treasures before bedtime.
2. Spectacular Shell Encrusted Planter Nautical Decor
Add some interest and lots of texture to your planting scene with this shell-encrusted masterpiece. By taking an ordinary planter and adding an array of seashells around it, you’ll love the new creation that comes to life. This is a great way to incorporate your love of the ocean into your home’s decor regardless of your interior design style. Such a lovely shell encrusted planter will look amazing in any corner of your home.
3. Seashell Heart on Pallet Wall Art
Leave your heart at the sea and bring this unique creation home to remember it. A rustic pallet piece becomes the ideal background for this unique heart that’s perfectly formed from collected seashells from the beach. Hang this in your home for your family to admire as the kids point to the favorite shells they found and admire the beauty of nature transformed into wall art.
4. Split Clam Shell Wood Wall Art
Look at the beauty and simplicity in this charming and delicate shell and wood wall art. A clamshell that’s been split in half makes the perfect focal point for displaying on this plain wooden board. It adds just a hint of the beach to your master bedroom. Create this easy DIY project from a favorite shell in your collection and you’ll enjoy a personal piece with a story as you’re reminded of a cherished vacation.
5. Chain Linked Oyster Shell Lamp Shade
The sea is calling and while you’re stuck at home and can’t answer, at least you can enjoy the unique ocean beauty of this oyster shell lamp shade. Crafted with four rows of shells, this interesting lampshade is the one-of-a-kind piece your home needs. After an afternoon of walking on the beach, spend the evening crafting this conversation piece that’s sure to light up your room.
6. My Heart Belongs to the Beach Art
So simple and minimalistic, yet so full of rich beauty and thought. This intricately designed and thoughtfully planned shell art for your wall is a wonderful way to appreciate your love for the beach. A variety of shapes, sizes, and styles of shells come together to form the symbolic icon of love- the heart. Set within a black-framed box, they are mounted onto a blank canvas giving them the attention they deserve. It’s a lovely bedroom decoration or gift for a beach-loving companion.
7. Gorgeous Ocean Beauties Shell Cork Stoppers
Hear the crash of the waves as you feast your eyes on these lovely shell cork stoppers. They are the perfect choice for securing your sand and shells within a decorative glass jar. Create a beautiful display with several on a raised tray and surround them with some larger beach treasures. This makes a magnificent centerpiece for your summertime entertaining needs.
8. Grapevine and Shell Coastal Country Creation Wreath
Give your ordinary country grapevine wreath a coastal cuteness by adorning it with some seashells and starfish. The look is complete with a wide nautical ribbon that serves as the wreath’s hanger. This simple, but stylish shell wreath makes a great greeting for your front door or a warm-weather accessory for the interior of your home.
9. Decorative Glass Jar for Seashell Displaying
Show off your prized collection of shells in a large, glass jar so everyone can see the treasures you’ve discovered! The variety in colors will add to the charm of your home’s decor. Choosing one with a lid allows the goodies to be free from dust and easily accessible too. A large glass jar offers unmatched 360-degree views as the shells can be seen from every angle. Enjoy showcasing your collection of seashells after a nice cleaning in a large jar on the kitchen island of your home.
10. Bright and Bold Tropical Fish Shell Craft
Kids of all ages will love this vibrant and fun fish shell craft! It makes a fabulous summertime activity for kids that doubles as decorative garden items for adults. Glue a magnet on the back for kids to hang on the refrigerator, toss them into your favorite flower bed for a tropical vibe, or adhere them around a plain picture frame for a festive way to display a treasured beach photo!
11. Calm, Cool, and Collected Shell Flower Decoration
With a hint to Hawaii, this charming shell flower decoration is an original work of art that makes a wonderful gift for any female. The dainty center shell forms a perfect place for the shell petals to blossom. With the delicate pink and white hues, this seashell creation adds interest and beauty to your decor. Set on a rustic blue distressed wooden square, it’s easy to hang with the included twine loop. Use it to add a small touch with lots of charm to your tiered tray this summer.
12. Heart-Shaped Shell Design on a Driftwood Background
13. Shells and Pearls on the Letter E
14. 3D Seashore View with Sand and Shells
15. Jar full of Shells, Illuminated with Light
16. Tea Light Candles in a Seashell
17. DIY String Lights Made of White Seashells
18. DIY Shell Project Ideas for Planters
19. Seashells that Have Been Touched by Gold
20. Rope, Starfish, and Shell Enhanced Candle Holder
21. Beautiful Blooming Flowers Constructed from Shells
22. A Seashell Wind Chime for Your Porch
23. A Piece of the Beach in a Jar
24. A Welcoming Driftwood and Seashell Wreath
25. A Small Succulent Arrangement in a Seashell
26. A Large Candle Holder Crafted from Driftwood
27. Bed of Seashells in a Coffee Table
28. A Mirror Inspired by the Seashore
29. 3D Pineapple Art for Your Porch
30. Lantern with Remnants of the Beach Inside
31. Wall Art Inspired by the Shore
32. Hanging Succulent Planters Made From Conch Shells
22. Crystallized Seashell that Sparkle in the Sun
33. Small, Beautiful Shells Encased in a Frame
34. Glass Vases Filled with Beach Inspirations
35. A Blue Clam Shell Jewelry Stand
36. DIY Seashell and Rope Creation for Brushes
37. A Decorative Planter Rope with Dangling Shells
38. Candle Vase Covered in Shells and Starfish
39. Colorful Sand and Shell Stepping Stones
40. A Candelabra of Small Shells
41. A Small Seashell Terrarium Centerpiece
42. A Beach-Themed Mirror on The Wall
43. A Blue, Shell-Rimmed Wicker Basket
44. Line of Candles in Gold Colored Shells